Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunset


Last Friday, at 6:33 pm, I boarded the intercampus shuttle and was officially done with my second year of grad school.  After a marathon day of grading undergrads' exams, I met Jeff at my favorite restaurant, Abyssinia, and we had the most wonderful Ethiopian feast (with my favorite--kitfo).  Afterwards we quickly grabbed a scoop of raspberry custard at Lickity Split (which is definitely becoming a favorite) and walked the three blocks over to watch the sunset at the lake.  I usually find things like the last day of school to be extremely anticlimactic, but this time I really felt it.  It was a magical night---perfect meal, perfect weather, perfect companion---and I couldn't help taking lots of pictures with instagram to try to capture a little bit of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment